Written for you memoir
Documenting your life story or your family’s life stories is a significant family milestone. The outcome is a priceless heirloom that will speak to many generations. Let us help you to tell your story in writing. We’re good listeners and can ask just the right questions to move your story along.
Everyone loves a good story. There’s no better way to pass along a sense of connection, a few hard-learned lessons, memories of the wonderful characters in our past, and the insight of a fulfilling life.
Writing down our stories is the best way to make them last. But in our busy lives, it’s hard to find the time. Many people plan to write their memoirs but discover it’s a bigger job than they bargained for.
My Life Stories can help. We work with you one-on-one, in a relaxed, enjoyable series of conversations, to record the events and reflections that have shaped your life. Then we turn your stories into beautiful books, written in your own voice and illustrated with the photos you love.
Together, we create a written legacy for those who follow. Your stories become a treasured link to the past, amusing, inspiring, and bringing people together for many years to come.
Even the strongest memories can fade with time. If preserving your stories is important to you, please contact us.
Our most popular package includes:
- Goal setting and project scope meeting
- 6 hours of guided interviewing (3 x 2 hours)
- Transcription to cohesive text
- Editing and manuscript writing – crafting, re-ordering and wording of your stories, while still keeping your ‘voice’.
- Layout and design
- Photo sharing Session- assisting with collating, digitising, enhancing photos and memorabilia to be included the final book – up to 30 to be digitised and scanned
- one beautiful hard cover book of your memoir printed and delivered in colour or black and white ( your choice). Usually around 60-80 pages in a portrait 20x 25cm or landscape 25 x 20 cm.